Thursday, May 5, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge


I love to read. One of my favorite childhood memories involves an afternoon spent with a book (one of the Goosebumps series if I remember correctly) and a bowl of popcorn. I can't go to bed without doing a few minutes of reading, and if I'm caught up in a good book, a few minutes often turns into hours. Last night (I should say this morning!), I was up until 1am because I could not put the book I was reading (that I finished) down! (It was Jodi Picoult's Keeping Faith, which I started Sunday night!) I joined my first book club in December (I think), and in a few weeks, I'll have some news (that is exciting to me, at least) regarding books and reading! There are times that I don't find it as easy to get lost in book, and because of that, I have quite a severe magazine addiction. No fewer than 100 magazines are tucked away under my bed (luckily, I've been doing a bit of organizing lately, so they're in neat little stacks instead of a gigantic pile threatening to take over Chris' side of the bed). Right now, I'm in the mood to read and I never want to stop! Because of this, the top of my bedside table is hidden under 8 books that have been read, are in progress or are waiting to be read.... I don't think my magazine stacks are going to get shorter any time soon. I decided I wanted to keep a running list of what I have read and am reading in 2011. I completed three in January and hope to see just as many, if not more, completed in February. I've got one under my belt for the month, I'm halfway through another and I have a bookclub book to read, so I think this goal is very doable. I would like to read at least 30 books in 2011.




Completed

January 2011

Tana French - The Likeness (bookclub pick) - LOVED it

Alexander McCall Smith - 44 Scotland Street

Alexander McCall Smith - Espresso Tales


February 2011

Jodi Picoult - Keeping Faith - LOVED it

Jodi Picoult - House Rules

Sunny - Mona Lisa Awakening

Kathleen Kent - The Heretic's Daughter (bookclub pick)


March 2011

Amy Weintraub - Yoga for Depression

Dan Brown - Lost Symbol

Pam Jenoff - The Kommandant's Girl (bookclub pick)- LOVED it


April 2011

Diana Gabaldon - The Fiery Cross (finally!!!!!)

Kristin Hannah - Winter Garden (bookclub pick)

Sara Gruen - Water for Elephants

Sara Gruen - Ape House

Peter Arenstam - Nicholas: A Massachusetts Tale

Peter Arenstam - Nicholas: A Maine Tale


In The Works

Diana Gabaldon - A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Alan Brennert - Honolulu (in 3rd chapter and already love it)

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird (bookclub pick)

Peter Arenstam - Nicholas: A New Hampshire Tale


Feel free to pass along any recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment