Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meal Plan 8/30-9/3

It's been over a month since my last post. I've been struggling with trying to find a balance for everything I'm trying to fit into my days.... and I mean struggling. I haven't quite found the balance yet, but I'm working on it a bit at a time.

I was very anti-Internet/computer last week and staying off the computer helped me a bit with time management. However, being at home all day, I find the Internet to be very helpful in connecting to the world that exists outside our little home, so I'm trying to find a happy medium between the Internet as a time-gobbler and the Internet as a time-saver.

Having a written plan seems to be what's helping me most right now. I've been writing out a loose plan for the next day at night before I go to bed and my meal plans are always a huge help with organization. Here is this week's menu plan. I've got some very well stocked cupboards at the moment, so I have a very small shopping list this week (mostly milk, eggs and some fresh fruit). I hit up the deals at Shaw's this past Friday. I spent $42 for $133 worth of food - I saved $91 by hitting the sales and using coupons! Woohoo! I have not included meals for the coming weekend as it's Labor Day and between cookouts and the fair, I'm not sure we'll be home much.

Monday
Oven-Fried Chicken
Herbed Angel Hair Pasta
Parmesan Zucchini

Tuesday
Rosemary Shrimp Skewers
Baked Potatoes
Roasted Carrots

Wednesday
Grilled Rib Eyes
Brown Rice
Sunny Broccoli

Thursday
Honey-Garlic Chicken
Rice Pilaf
Green Beans

Friday
Macaroni Tomato Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment