Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Family Snowshoeing Outing

One of my favorite family activities is hiking and this past Saturday, we packed up our gear, the kids and the dog and headed over to my mother-in-law's house to walk her land. This was our first time snowshoeing this year and it was also Charlie's first time in snowshoes. He was a natural!



A former co-worker of mine offered me Charlie's snowshoes in return for me writing up her bio for the company website - what a great deal! We went out a few times last year but thought the shoes would be too big for Charlie. We packed them this time figuring it would be another no-go, but they tightened up around his boots nicely and within two steps, Charlie was walking all over the place. He even managed to get up easily when he fell over! However, he quickly decided it was fun to fall in the snow and pretend he couldn't get up so that I would have to lean over (with Isaac in the backpack) and give him a hand. Silly boy!



Our first trip lasted about 70 minutes. Isaac was nice and cozy on my back



and Charlie survived about half the trip on his shoes. Unfortunately, his love for falling into the snow didn't keep his gloves very dry and he got a little whiny. Luckily, he has the best Popsy ever and got a mix of shoulder rides and sled rides on the walk back to the car.





I would say we all had a blast and we will definitely be doing it again! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment