Monday, January 10, 2011

Meal Plan 1/10-1/16

It's been just short of two months since I last posted! I've been thinking of posts in my head, but I've never had the motivation or time to actually make the post. My depression has gotten the better of me quite a bit lately, but for the time being, I'm on top of it and feeling great! I've been working out steadily since the week between Christmas and New Years' and what a difference!

I've changed up our schedule a bit at home so that I'm working out in the afternoons before I hit my afternoon slump and because of the workout, I've been avoiding that slump! Isaac goes down for a nap, Charlie watches a movie on the (free!) TV and (free!) DVD player we now have hooked up downstairs and I hop on my elliptical for a 40-minute workout and then some strength training and yoga. Woohoo! I'm also active again on SparkPeople; I've yet to see a weight loss (damn holidays!), but there should be one soon! The important thing is that I'm feeling amazing mentally and I'm working hard to make that last!

It's been more than a few weeks since I've created an actual menu plan, so here goes for this week. A bunch of our meals are coming from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazines and I've included the link to the recipes; unfortunately, you do have to register to view the recipe, but it's a simple registration and you can opt out of receiving any emails. ;)




Monday
L: Miscellaneous Leftovers
D: Favorite Skillet Lasagna

Tuesday
L: Leftover Lasagna
D: Tortellini Soup

Wednesday
L: Leftover Soup
D: Pulled Pork Sandwiches (made with leftover pork in the freezer), Veggie Sticks & Hummus

Thursday
L: Chef Salad (I had a craving last week and Chris and I both enjoyed the salads when I made them, so this might become a common lunch!)
D: Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet (made with leftover turkey in the freezer)

Friday
L: Leftover Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet
D: Homemade Pizza

Saturday
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Chicken Parmesan

Sunday
L: Miscellaneous Leftovers - whatever we can find in the fridge
D: Calico Beans (made with a hodgepodge of leftover pork chops, steak tips & hamburger we have in the freezer and need to get rid of)

For more menu planning, ideas, hop on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

  1. I so happy for you that things are falling into place...just the way you like it. I strive to do the same someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the new routine has your spirits lifted! I love ya and only want good things comin your way :) (PS- I might just show up at your house on Chicken Parm nights... just sayin)

    ReplyDelete