Monday, November 14, 2011

What We're Eating 11/14-11/20

It's been almost 5 months since I last posted! Sometimes it feels like forever ago and sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. I've been fighting a pretty touch-and-go battle with my depression for the past few months and really haven't had much energy to devote to writing. Things are looking better, so we'll see about getting back to regular posts. I'm also trying to get back into menu planning to get some sort of order back into our lives.

I've probably planned menus for the past 3 or 4 weeks and it's so nice not thinking "What are we going to have for dinner?" all day.

Tonight's meal was absolutely amazing, but I have to say I was a little scared of it. First, because it involved me cooking fish on the stove top instead of Chris grilling it. Second, because the side was a quinoa salad and Chris isn't always a fan. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about eating it myself because the black beans are straight out of the can, but we both approved. I did make a few adjustments (mainly leaving out jalapenos and some of the herbs) and I will definitely make it again.

So here goes!

Monday

L: Grilled Cheese, Grapes, Red Pepper Strips (for me)

D: Chili Rubbed Tilapia & Quinoa, Corn & Black Bean Salad

Tuesday

L: PB&J, Grapes, Chips

D: Chicken & Cheese Rice Bake (family favorite), Salad

Wednesday

L: Leftover Rice Bake

D: Potato-Spinach-Sausage Casserole

Thursday

L: Leftover Casserole

D: Omelets, Toast, Fruit

Friday

L: Soup, Cheese & Crackers

D: Shrimp Lo Mein

Saturday

L: Whatever leftovers are still in the fridge

D: Homemade Pizza

Sunday

L: Leftover Pizza

D: Cranberry Stuffed Pork Chops (family favorite), Roasted Cauliflower


For more menu planning ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. you and your menu plans blow me away... I dont know how you do it!?!?!

    ReplyDelete