Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Dip

I always tear out interesting-looking recipes from magazines (I have quite a magazine addiction and my recipe book is FULL of magazine pages) and this fall's back-to-school issues have been full of snack recipes. Charlie and I tried one out yesterday afternoon and I think we're both in love. We had Chris taste it when he got home from work and even my hubby who despises yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, you name it... liked it. And it has yogurt in it!!!

I was shocked that Charlie was so eager to try the recipe, but super-excited. Now I can't wait to try out a few more recipes from a little 50 After-School Snacks booklet from Food Network Magazine.

Peanut Butter Dip
from Family Circle Magazine September 2010

3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (1 6-oz container)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In a small serving bowl, stir together yogurt, peanut butter, raisins and cinnamon. Serve with apples, celery and pretzels.

We had apples and pretzels, but skipped the celery (I've never liked celery - I have a horrible memory that goes back to Kindergarten of someone (I still remember who!) bringing Ants on a Log in for a snack... I couldn't bring myself to eat the celery but just licked out the peanut butter and raisins). I actually had to cut up a second apple for Master Charles because he liked this dip so much. It's so quick and easy to make and so yummy! It may become my new go-to appetizer recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting it! I already wrote it down!

    ReplyDelete