Monday, February 13, 2012

What We're Eating 2/13/12-2/19/12

This week and next week's menus were the easiest menus I have ever planned! We missed so many meals last week that I was able to fill a few days this week and I planned a few freezer meals for next week.

I haven't uploaded any pictures to the computer yet, but Isaac turned two on Saturday! We had family over to celebrate and had such a fun time. We had both sides of my family (my parents are divorced), as well as my grandmother (the boys' great-grandmother), Chris' mom, Chris' older sister and her son who is 15 days younger than Isaac. I made pizza dough and we supplied sauce and cheese but asked everyone to bring whatever toppings they wanted with them. We ended up with some great pizzas!

I am so grateful that I have the ability to stay at home with my boys and to witness every aspect of their growth. There was so much I missed in Charlie's first two years but I didn't realize it until I was home with Isaac.

Right now, we're enjoying listening to Isaac's speech improve every single day. It blows my mind to hear some of the words he knows and to hear him put words together to tell about something that happened. When Chris got home tonight, Isaac was able to tell him "cookie" and "Peanut" with quite a bit of emotion behind his story. I had to clarify for Chris what he was trying to say (Peanut ate his cookie - he was pretty mad), but it's just so cool that he's telling about something that had already happened versus what was going on right then.

I love to ask him to say certain words - my favorite right now is "worm." So cute! And tonight at bedtime, Chris told Charlie it was time for prayers. Before Charlie started, Isaac started saying a few words from the beginning of the prayer! Chris and I were shocked and so proud of him. I love watching him grow, but I do miss my baby. :(

On to the menu....


Monday
L: Leftovers
D: Pistachio-Crusted Tilapia, Parmesan-Coated Potato Wedges, Honey-Glazed Carrots

Tuesday - Valentine's Day
L: PB&J, Chips, Grapes
D: Pork Chops with Pears, Rice, Broccoli

Wednesday
L: Egg Sandwiches, Fruit Salad
D: Citrus Crunch Chicken, Couscous, Green Beans

Thursday
L: PB&J, Apple Slices, Cheese
D: Honey Sesame Chicken, Rice, Sesame Broccoli

Friday
L: Leftover Sesame Chicken
D: Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce

Saturday
L: Leftover Ravioli
D: Hash Brown Eggs

Sunday
L: Leftovers
D: Rib Eyes, Egg Noodles, Green Beans, Biscuits

For more menu-planning inspiration, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment