Monday, March 19, 2012

What We're Eating 3/19/12-3/25/12

I almost forgot to post!

Last week was another low-key week apart from a family cookout yesterday with my stepdad's side of the family.
And what a beautiful day for a cookout! We had a bunch of appetizers, steak tips, hot dogs, Cheddar Bacon Penne, salad and some pretty amazing cupcakes (an early birthday celebration) that I would definitely make again - Coconut Cream Cupcakes. Yum, yum, yum! The highlight of the cookout (apart from Bruce not having had a cigarette in 5 (I think) days - woohoo!!!) was watching my children (more Isaac than Charlie) eat the same meal as us! Isaac chowed down on the steak tips. So awesome!

The only meal we missed last week was our St. Patrick's Day dinner. We started the day with a somewhat themed breakfast - we had chocolate chip scones with Emerald Mint Milkshakes. Ice cream for breakfast! LOL The crazy part is that the boys didn't even finish their milk shakes! They probably would have eaten more of a green smoothie if I'd had anything in the house to make a green smoothie. For dinner, we had planned to make a Beef & Stout Stew with Irish Soda Bread and Baileys Cookies but were too busy running errands (needed to get some Stout and some Baileys among other things) and got distracted spending some time with my mom/stepdad/sister and then my dad/stepmom and didn't get home early enough to cook the stew for three hours. Oh well!

I ended up getting a little creative and used the stew meat that I had thawed for Saturday today in our French Dip sandwiches. It was a bit of a pain to shred the tiny cubes of beef, but the sandwiches were delicious (as always). Our little meat-lover Isaac ate a bit of his sandwich, too. He was so cute with his little hands and his big fat sandwich!

A mentionable meal from last week was Thursday's Chicken Enchilada Soup. My sour-cream-hating hubby had two big bowls and he requested this soup for our next family night - you'll have to try it before then, Sara and Molly, and see what you think! We'll have to plan a Mexican feast this time. ;)

Jamie Cooks It Up has not failed me yet! The Coconut Cream Cupcakes were from her website, too. Loved them!

This week, we'll be eating...

Monday

L: Grilled Cheese/Cucumber Sticks (boys); Ham & Cheese Sandwich with Leftover Cheddar Bacon Penne (Chris); Leftover Salad and Leftover Cheddar Bacon Penne (me)
D: French Dip Sandwiches, Red/Yellow Pepper Strips, Coconut Cream Cupcakes

Tuesday
L: PB&J, Grapes
D: Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti

Wednesday
L: Leftover French Dips with Mashed Potatoes
D: Simple Sweet Pork Chops, Sweet Potato Fries, Broccoli

Thursday - My Birthday!
L: PB&J, Cucumber Sticks
D: Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna Rolls (I plan to freeze half), French Twists (bread machine)

Friday
L: Leftover Lasagna
D: Homemade Pizza (dough from freezer)

Saturday
L: Leftover Pizza
D: Asian Chicken with Gingered Veggies

Sunday
L: Leftovers
D: White Bean & Chicken Chili

For more menu planning inspiration, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks delicious! I will have Spinach Lasagne Rollups on my menu next month. Yummy
    Going to have try those coconut cream cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My friend and I have tried several recipes from the website with the Lasagna Roll-ups and the Cupcakes and have not been let down yet. Enjoy!

      Delete