Sunday, July 18, 2010

Meal Plan 7/19-7/25

June was a pretty rough month for us between registering Chris' truck, bike and trailer and an unexpected root canal (although when is a root canal really expected?) so I've been doing a lot of pantry cooking this month.

Tonight was my first night of a real workout in way too long and I will be continuing all week. I've been telling myself I'll start the healthy eating and working out tomorrow and it never happens! So tonight, around 7:45 when I started in on the whole, "Tomorrow's Monday and a fresh start. I'll start working out then," I snapped myself out of it and got myself on the elliptical. It was a much-needed workout and I feel great! I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and followed it up with some Sun & Moon Salutations, some ab work and some stretching.

I planned mostly healthy meals for this week's dinners. We're going to need some sort of sweets in the house, too, though, so I will probably be making some Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (need to use up all that zucchini!) and maybe some Cranberry Toffee Crunch cookies or banana cookies.

Monday
Chinese Beef & Broccoli (Weight Watchers recipe from WW In No Time cookbook)

Tuesday
Basil Orange Chicken

Wednesday
Zucchini Pizza (new family favorite)

Thursday
Grilled Shrimp & Veggie (aka some of the zucchini & summer squash from our garden) Kabobs
Grilled Seasoned Potatoes

Friday
GIRLS' NIGHT!!! (so excited!)

Saturday
Garlic-and-Sage Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Parmesan Zucchini
Whole Wheat Pasta

Sunday
Homemade Pizza with Homemade Whole Wheat Crust (I attempted this on Friday and learned the hard way that our bread machine will not work when it's too hot out; I may be moving it into the basement this week to make dough and WW bread.)

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how you liked the banana cookies and how the pizza dough turned out.

    ReplyDelete