Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meal Plan 7/25-7/31

We did pretty well with eating last week's meals when we were supposed to, although I did discover on Monday morning that my bread machine was indeed kaputt. Luckily, my mother had an extra bread machine upstairs at her house. She happened to buy it because it was on sale for $15. It definitely came in handy for me! Thanks, Mum! I made a loaf of whole wheat bread and made 2 batches of pizza dough yesterday. Unfortunately, I totally forgot my whole wheat pizza dough discovery so that will have to wait until we run out of dough - I have 5 balls in the freezer right now.

I discovered that we prefer the Zucchini Pizza with ground beef (I buy 93% lean) instead of the ground turkey the recipe calls for. The turkey just didn't have enough flavor.

I also forgot that I was supposed to make Veggie Kabobs to go with Thursday's grilled shrimp and we had Parmesan Zucchini (yum!) instead.

So, for this week:

Sunday
Sage-and-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Herbed Elbow Pasta (hubby brought up a box of regular elbows when I asked him to bring up a box of whole wheat pasta from the basement *sigh*)
Parmesan Summer Squash

Monday
Lemony Rotini with Chicken, Zucchini & Walnuts

Tuesday
Rosemary Shrimp Skewers
Brown Rice
Grilled Zucchini & Summer Squash

Wednesday
Easy Mashed Potato & Roasted Veggie Enchiladas

Thursday
Pork Chops & Pears (family favorite)
Tri-Color Couscous
Lemon Green Beans

Friday
Honey-Garlic Chicken
Herbed Whole Wheat Angel Hair
Honey Glazed Carrots

Saturday
Homemade Pizza

Extras
Peanut Butter Oat Bites (will try to post recipe later this week)
Light Lemon Bars (recipe calls for 1 egg and 1 egg white versus some recipes I've seen with 6 eggs; only 100 calories per bar in this recipe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment