Monday, February 28, 2011

Meal Plan 2/21-2/27

I did a meal plan for last week and this week but didn't get around to posting it last week. It took me ALL day (and I mean ALL day, from like 9am to 10pm) to get the meal plan put together. I procrastinated all day. I just did not want to do a menu and I'm not sure what my aversion was/is. I know how much better off I am with one, but putting it together isn't my favorite chore.

Last week, every meal we ate was new (maybe this is why menu planning takes me so long....). They were all a hit and I got my cream cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream hating husband to eat cream cheese and cottage cheese in one night and actually enjoy it! Chris loved the Oven Baked Chicken Parm and I loved that it was so super-duper easy to make and we both loved the Maple and Soy-Glazed Steak Tips (that were supposed to be flank steak which I couldn't find when I went grocery shopping). The Macaroni & Cheese was yummy, but a little too rich. It was made with reduced-fat Velveeta and I'm not sure I'll make that for myself again.... The Velveeta kinda grossed me out. Processed. Cheese. Product. Blech. Yummy, but even though the recipe was a makeover of a less healthy recipe, it's still not very good for you. I think I'd prefer taste and nutrition.

Monday
L: English Muffin/Tortilla Pizzas
D: Applesauce Glazed Pork Chops, Couscous, Peas

Tuesday
L: PB&J, Chips, Fruit/Veggie
D: Spinach Cheese Manicotti

Wednesday
L: Leftover Manicotti
D: Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan, Whole Wheat Angel Hair, Green Beans

Thursday
L: Nachos
D: Maple and Soy Glazed Steak Tips, Silky Sesame Cucumbers, Scallion Noodles

Friday
L: The boys scrounged up whatever they wanted (hot dog for Chris, PB&J for the boys) while my mother-in-law and I dined in peace at Pickity Place - yum!
D: Mashed Potato Bar for my Lia Sophia party

Saturday
L: We ended up eating at McDonald's (and I really should have gotten a salad instead of chicken nuggets)
D: Makeover Macaroni & Cheese with broccoli and ham

Sunday
L: Leftover Macaroni & Cheese before heading out to our nephew's 1st birthday party
D: Leftover Mashed Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment