Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Too Busy to Organize!

I've gone missing again! I've been doing a lot of blog reading, but no blog writing. We've been pretty busy the past few weeks. We have something on the calendar for every weekend in February. This is not normal for us. We normally have a few things scheduled, but spend a lot of time home or out and about as a family. It's been nice to be busy, but I'm also very off track because of it.

Some big news first - this little guy (and I mean little - he weighed in at 17 lbs, 10 oz at his 12-month check-up) turned one last Friday!



We had Molly of Molly Viglione Photography over to do photos for Isaac's birthday. Once again, she did a beautiful job and I can't wait to see the final result!

I have not menu planned for the past two weeks and I'm feeling cRaZy because of the lack of organization! I hate racking my brain all day trying to figure out what I'm going to make for dinner. Monday night - Valentine's Day! - we ended up eating chicken nuggets. Just chicken nuggets. No sides. What. So. Ever. I actually put the pan I cooked the nuggets on in the center of the table and we ate them with our fingers!!! Soooo romantic. Last night and tonight, actual meals were served, but I have no idea what to make tomorrow. I hope to get my butt back in gear and do some menu planning when we are home this weekend; we are going to Winterfest at the camp with Chris' extended family one day, but we will be home the other.

Not only have I not been organized, but I haven't gotten a good workout in for the past few weeks and I'm feeling like poo because of this. First, a bearing in the elliptical went, then the belt kept slipping and then the other bearing went. My wonderfully handy husband was able to fix all three issues, but it was a matter of a week and a half before the machine was working properly.

On the bright side, because I haven't been working out, for the first time in a long while, I managed to get the house cleaned last week using the room-a-day cleaning system I had been using in the summer/fall. This week hasn't been quite on track, but I'm getting there. :) I'm still trying to figure out how to work everything that needs to be done in one day into one day! I have NO idea how I managed when I was working full time!

Lastly, I mentioned that I would have some exciting (to me) news coming up. Last night I became one of three new trustees at our local library! I've been wanting to become involved in our community and I think the library will be a perfect fit for me. There's going to be a lot involved and it's certainly going to be a learning experience, but I'm looking forward to it!

Once this weekend is over, I hope to be a bit more organized so that I can get on here to write. I've missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment