Monday, February 28, 2011

Meal Plan 2/28-3/6

I enjoyed a little quiet time this afternoon! Isaac napped and Charlie watched Oliver and Company so instead of procrastinating by browsing Facebook and the blogs on my Google Reader, I enjoyed a snack (Honey-Banana Muffin from the freezer, grapes and a vanilla Greek yogurt along with a cup of maple tea sweetened with maple syrup - yum!) and blogged!

I got back to my menu planning last week and started working out again as well.... well, on Monday and Tuesday at least! I started off this week on the right foot by getting up and out of bed at 5am, putting on my workout gear and hopping on the elliptical. I did a 40-minute workout, strength training and stretching before the kids got up and I was able to shower while Chris was still home. Woohoo! I would like to MAKE myself be a morning person and I took my first steps today!

After my shower and getting the boys settled with some Cheerios and fruit, I started out with a good breakfast. I think I am hooked on this oatmeal (minus the chia seeds since I don't have any - yet!). Yesterday, I topped it with walnuts and half a banana. Today, I put a small scoop of peanut butter into the bottom of my bowl, added the oatmeal and then the rest of my banana along with another small scoop of peanut butter on my spoon. Soooo good and I cannot wait to try some of the other combos listed on the website. I should have some leftover pumpkin after Thursday's dinner so I might be trying some pumpkin oatmeal Friday morning. TRY IT! Because it's oatmeal, you'd think it would take a while, but it's only about 5 minutes on the stovetop. Well worth it.

On to the menu.... And I can't believe tomorrow is March 1st! That means it's my birthday month! hahaha Poor Chris! Almost all of our meals this week are new again.... except maybe one. I'm looking forward to trying them and can't wait to see how they turn out!


Monday
L: English Muffin Pizzas (Charlie had cheese, Chris had ham and I had turkey and red pepper - yum!), Red Pepper Slices (for me)
D: Beans & Cheese Quesadillas (from Family Circle May 2009)

Tuesday
L: Leftover Quesadillas
D: Oregano Chicken, Homemade Sweet Potato Fries, Honey-Glazed Carrots

Wednesday
L: Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
D: Smokey Pork with Quinoa Pilaf (from Family Circle September 2010)

Thursday
L: Quesadillas
D: Sausage & Pumpkin Pasta

Friday
L: Leftover Pasta
D: Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti

Saturday
L: PB&J, Chips, Fruit/Veggie Sticks
D: Burgers, Homemade French Fries, Veggie Sticks

Sunday
L: Nachos
D: Herb Roasted Chicken

For more menu planning ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment