Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Losing Words

I'm just not into writing tonight. I can't seem to pull anything together, but I want to get in an update. I wrote some this morning and I added a little tonight, so I'm piecing both together. I'm having a really hard time processing thoughts and coming up with words. What I've written may not flow too well, so bear with me. I didn't have the best afternoon. I worked out tonight and I have therapy tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to, but losing words like I am tonight is usually something that happens right before a bad "spell," for lack of a better word, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

7:05am: I swear that Isaac has an extra sense. He was sleeping peacefully. Charlie was "eating" breakfast and watching TV. I was cooking my oatmeal and cutting my grapefruit. At the EXACT moment my grapefruit and oatmeal were at the counter ready to be eaten, Isaac decided to let me know he was awake....

7:50am: Both boys have eaten, are dressed and their breakfast dishes are drying in the rack. Isaac's playing cars at the coffee table and occasionally calls my name so I can watch him as he climbs onto the coffee table. My little daredevil. Charlie and his friend Megan are chasing each other around the house. My oatmeal and grapefruit are still sitting on the counter. It's a good thing oatmeal holds its heat.

9:30pm: Apart from a late breakfast, it was a good morning. I was up at the same time as Chris and did a little stretching before hopping in the shower. Charlie had a blast playing with Megan although he was a little much at times. He doesn't seem to have a concept of personal space when he gets excited and I think she was getting as frustrated with him as I was. I would say she was ready to go home when Mom came to get her. They did have fun together and it was cute to see them cuddling under a blanket as they watched a movie together. :)

This afternoon, not so good. I was d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g. There was no opportunity to squeeze in a workout yesterday and I felt it today. Between story time, Isaac's doctor's appointment and picking Charlie up from his friend's house, I didn't eat lunch until 1:30. Isaac was not interested in taking a nap until 4 even though he had 4 shots and a dose of Tylenol to ease the pain from the tetanus shot! By the time he did go down, it was time to start thinking about dinner so that I could eat and run out the door to be at the library at 6:30 for a board meeting that lasted until 9. Good meeting, but I missed Glee. :(

To make up for yesterday's lack, I made sure to get in a good workout tonight. I also caught up on Glee while Charlie watched Curious George.

As for Isaac's doctor's appointment....Isaac, at 15 months, weighed in at 18 pounds even. He was 17 lbs 10 oz at 12 months. This means he did not even gain 1/2 pound in 3 months.

Luckily, Charlie was the same way in terms of weight (he didn't hit the charts until he turned 3) and the doctor isn't worried. He's on track or beyond where he should be developmentally so there's nothing to be concerned about. In terms of his seizures, we just need to let his doctor know when/if he has more. We know it's directly related to his breath-holding and the seizures are something that happens with breath-holding spells so isn't we don't feel there's a need to put him through a battery of tests. Down the road, we may change our minds and talk to a neurologist, but for now, we're going to attempt to get used to any seizures in the same way that we've gotten used to the breath-holding spells. Fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment