Monday, May 16, 2011

Morning Stretching

Isaac passed out 3 times before 1pm today. It was a rough morning. And we had a playdate, too! He is definitely a boy that needs a lot of sleep and his morning nap was interrupted so he was more than a little overtired. He's taking a nap now and Charlie's watching a movie (there's not much more to do on a rainy afternoon and we needed a little quiet time) so I was able to eat my lunch (another HUGE salad along with a serving of Tostitos Hint of Lime chips, which I LOVE) in peace.

Chris is up at 6 every morning and most mornings, today included, I don't hear his alarm go off. Sometimes I wake when I hear him getting dressed; sometimes I wake when he comes to kiss me good-bye. Usually, I stay in bed until the kids force me to get up.

This morning, I heard him moving around. Like I normally do, I spread out to enjoy the extra space and Chris' pillows, but rather than closing my eyes again and falling back asleep, I realized that I was actually ready to get up and that I actually wanted to get up!

When I rolled over to get up, I realized that after yesterday's run in the rain, my body was more than a little sore and getting up wasn't very easy. But, the good thing was that the boys were both still sleeping! I got my stiff self up and did a little yoga in the bedroom. It really wasn't much because even bending in half was painful, but the movement got the energy flowing and was a nice way to start the day.

Apart from Isaac's breath holding this morning, the rest of the morning was uneventful. We went to a playdate and are now home enjoying a little quiet time. I think I'll dig out a game to play with Charlie once he finishes The Little Mermaid (his choice), because Isaac should take a long nap. I have the energy and desire to do something fun so I'm going to act on it while the motivation is here!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your body is trying to tell you it wants to convert to an early morning person. That might work out in your favor from the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete