Monday, June 13, 2011

What We're Eating 6/13-6/19

I am so not in the mood to make dinner tonight. We had a great play date this morning with a former co-worker and her little girl who is 2 weeks older than Isaac, but this afternoon, I should have taken a nap when Isaac did. I'm wiped! My first instinct was to call Chris and tell him I wanted to go out to dinner.

But, I actually planned our meals out this week and I spend a bunch of money grocery shopping yesterday so that I could make those meals. We're trying some new stuff and I'm excited to do that. For the most part, our meals are healthy. Ordering out would have fed into this afternoon's blah mood so I'm making an attempt to fight that even though I would much rather curl up on the couch and cry because I'm so tired!

I've got caramelized onion mashed potatoes staying warm on the stove (I wish I were a better food photographer because those onions were gorgeous!), washed broccolini (new food for us!) and waiting to be sauteed and rubbed pork chops sitting on the counter waiting for Chris to grill. Yum, yum!

Tomorrow, I'll get a crock pot going before we head to the zoo so dinner will be ready for Chris when he gets home from work. The rest of us will be fine dining at McDonald's! ;)



Monday
L: Feta Shrimp SkilletD: Double Sesame Chicken Stir Fry

Tuesday
L: English Muffin Pizzas
D: Smoky Pan-Grilled Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes and Lemon Broccolini

Wednesday - Trip to the Roger Williams Park Zoo
L: PB&J, Chips, Fruit
D: All American Chili (crock pot), Corn Bread

Thursday - Chris' 31st Birthday, so his choice of meals!
L: Grilled Cheese, Fruit
D: Rib Eyes, Homemade French Fries, Salad, Boston Cream Pie

Friday
L: Lunch at Pickity Place
D: Macaroon Crusted Tilapia with Quinoa Salad with Grapes & Almonds, Kale Chips

Saturday
L: Lemony Penne & Broccoli
D: Hot Dogs/Burgers, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Fruit Salad

Sunday - Father's Day, Chris' choice of meals
L: Brunch - Pancakes, Bacon, Fruit Salad
D: Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

For more menu-planning ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

2 comments: