Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

No matter how tired I am when I climb into bed, I have to read before I can fall asleep. There is always at least one book on my bedside table and a few more tucked away under the bed next to my enormous pile of magazines. And now, thanks to my Mom and Brucey, my Kindle is on my bedside table as well!

My goal for 2011 was to read 30 books and I surpassed that goal by reading 46! I attempted to track what I read last year on the blog, but I had some severe issues with the formatting that left me beyond frustrated every time I tried to update and I eventually gave up trying to update. Luckily, I did manage to keep my Goodreads account updated so I have a list of what I read.

In 2011, I read the following:

January
Alexander McCall Smith - 44 Scotland Street

Alexander McCall Smith - Espresso Tales
Tana French - The Likeness (Library Bookclub pick - LOVED it)

February
Jodi Picoult - Keeping Faith (LOVED it)
Jodi Picoult - House Rules

Sunny - Mona Lisa Awakening
Kathleen Kent - The Heretic's Daughter (Library Bookclub pick)

March
Amy Weintraub - Yoga for Depression
Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol
Pam Jenoff - The Kommandant's Girl (Library Bookclub pick - LOVED it)

April
Diana Gabaldon - The Fiery Cross (reread - finally!!!!!)
Peter Arenstam - Nicholas: A Massachusetts Tale
Peter Arenstam - Nicholas: A Maine Tale
Sara Gruen - Water for Elephants
Sara Gruen - Ape House
Kristin Hannah - Winter Garden (Library Bookclub pick)

May
Alan Brennert - Honolulu
Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird (Library Bookclub pick)

June
Gretchen Rubin - The Happiness Project
Stieg Larsson - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (LOVED it)
Adriana Trigiani - Lucia, Lucia (Library Bookclub pick)

July
Annie Barrows - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (LOVED it - highly recommend!)
Danielle Trussoni - Angelology
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (LOVED it)
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played with Fire (LOVED it)

August
Ian McEwan - Atonement
Kathryn Stockett - The Help
Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner
Tatiana de Rosnay - Sarah's Key

(Our summer Library Bookclub pick was John Treadwell Nichols' The Milagro Beanfield War. It's rare for me to not finish a book, but I just could not get into this one. I found it funny when I picked it up to read it, but I had to force myself to pick it up and I wasn't able to read much before our meeting.)

September
Lynn Sheene - The Last Time I Saw Paris
Mark Williams - The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness
Nonna Bannister - The Secret Holocaust Diaries: The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister
Abraham Verghese - Cutting for Stone ( Library Bookclub pick - LOVED it)
Todd Burpo - Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back (Mommy Bookclub pick)


October
Brian Weiss - Many Lives, Many Masters
Paula McLain - The Paris Wife (Library Bookclub pick)
Emma Donoghue - Room (Mommy Bookclub pick)

November
Michael Pye - The Pieces from Berlin
Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Lisa See - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (Library Bookclub pick - LOVED it - highly recommend!)
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games (Mommy Bookclub pick - LOVED it)

Suzanne Collins - Catching Fire (Mommy Bookclub pick - LOVED it)
Suzanne Collins - Mockingjay (Mommy Bookclub pick - LOVED it)


December
Diana Gabaldon - Lord John and The Scottish Prisoner (Jamie! *swoon*)
Sammy Conner - The Dirty Parts of the Bible
Steve Thayer - The Leper (Library Bookclub pick)

Feel free to pass along recommendations for 2012!
My goal is to read just as many, if not more, books as I read in 2011, so let's see if I can hit 46 again! I've already finished one and have a few in the works. I'm going to attempt to update a list of what I've read every month. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment