Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Little Things

It's so easy to forget the little things. Those little moments throughout your day that never fail to make you smile, no matter how many things have gone wrong in your day. I thought I'd share some of my favorites so I have something to reference when I need a pick-me-up. :)



The smell and feel of opening a new book
The smooth, creamy, minty bite of a Peppermint Patty
A warm cup of Sleepytime tea with the perfect amount of milk and honey
An ice cold glass of lemonade
My herb garden in the spring



Playing a game of Scrabble with my hubby
Crossing items off my to-do list
Cleaning my house from top to bottom (it rarely happens, but oh, it feels so good!)
Rolling out bread dough



Reading a book to the boys at bedtime
Rubbing Peanut's belly
Mixing up dough for chocolate chip cookies



A warm cup of milk and honey in my favorite sunflower mug at bedtime
Gerbera daisies
Hanging clothes to dry on the clothesline
Spending a morning or afternoon hiking with my family



The spicy smell of my baking cabinet when I open its doors
Beef & Barley Soup in the crock pot on a fall day
Watching Charlie tell a story



Warm Chai tea with milk
The smells of Christmas
Apple picking!
Eating a freshly picked apple
Rainbows



Going for a walk on a crisp autumn day
French Toast with Orange Syrup
Isaac's smile


Getting a hug from Charlie
Sweeping
Days that Charlie actually takes a nap (so rare!)



Mystery rides with the family
Skinny dipping in the pool! (sorry, no pictures :))
Isaac and his binky



Spending time laughing and talking with old friends
Hearing Charlie say, "I love you, Mi"


What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment