Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meal Plan 9/13-9/18

Life doesn't always go as planned, but it is nice to plan, right?

Chris did indeed head up to the camp with Brucey this weekend and he came back home to Maple Leaf Cookies (kind of a pain to make between freezing the rolled dough, cutting the cookies and then freezing the cookies again before they cook, but SO WORTH IT) fresh out of the oven and a homemade apple pie about to go in.



Making that apple pie and having fun are the only things I was able to cross off my list of ideas for this weekend. In reality, I suppose those were the most important things. :)

We had quite a busy weekend. On Friday, we went shopping with Nana and attended Auntie's soccer game; on Saturday, we ran errands, went apple picking and enjoyed Chinese food; today, we hit up the fair. This afternoon, while Charlie relaxed with a movie, I baked the aforementioned cookies and pie before Daddy returned from his boys' weekend away. I also spent a few too many hours with Jamie and Claire when I should have been sleeping. I highly recommend Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series if you haven't already read it. (I won't tell you how many times I've read them now - it's embarrassing.) Love it!

I did not do any of the so-called "important" ideas on my list. No work, no cleaning my desk, no meal planning (saved that for the last minute tonight. Ooops.). But, we had a great weekend and everything will get done eventually.

On to the meal plan for this week....

Monday - Chris' first night back at volleyball, so quick and easy supper
Grilled Cheese & Apple Sandwiches
Leftover Tomato Soup (for me)

Tuesday
Apple-Glazed Pork Chops
Brown Rice
Broccoli

Wednesday
Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats

Thursday
Honey-Garlic Chicken
Rice Pilaf
Green Beans

Friday
Linguine with Butternut Squash, Spinach & Pancetta

Saturday
Mimi's Night Away!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Men in kilts, here I come? *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment